June 25, 2021
If you are attending The Championships this year we are looking forward to welcoming you soon. We know that many ticket-holders have questions regarding the details of how to demonstrate their COVID status in order to attend The Championships. The information contained below and in the FAQ section of Wimbledon.com will help clarify what is required and prepare you for your visit.
2021 Entry Requirements
There are 4 key items that you will need to gain entry to Wimbledon:
- Vaccination Status: You will be required to show proof of your COVID vaccination status – either a full vaccination (first and second dose), with the second dose administered at least 14 days before your visit. Alternatively a negative Lateral Flow Test taken within 48 hours of your visit (for those aged 11 and over). If you are resident in England, you can show this status easily via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App.
- Mobile Ticket: The Wimbledon App downloaded on to your mobile device/smartphone in order to display your ticket. You will need to have shared your additional ticket with your Guest (if you have purchased a pair) via the Manage Benefits section of your profile on wimbledon.com. They will need to have created their own myWimbledon account and have downloaded the Wimbledon App.
- Photo ID: A valid photo ID such a passport or driving license.
- Face Covering: A face covering (unless medically exempt).
How To Prove Your COVID Status?
- Ticket-holders resident in England: For residents of England, you may demonstrate your COVID status – either full vaccination and/or negative Lateral Flow Test – using the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App. For more information on how to do this, please click here. Please see our advice further down the page regarding the COVID Pass.
- Ticket-holders resident in Scotland: you can obtain your vaccination status on this website.
- Ticket-holders resident in Wales: please check the latest guidelines from the Welsh Government by visiting this website.
- Ticket-holders resident in Northern Ireland: At this stage, there is no process for residents of Northern Ireland and any other international country to evidence their vaccination status. Please take a Lateral Flow Test which can be self-administered at home or at your accommodation in England, and report your result via the NHS Self-Report Tool. You do not need to be a resident in England to upload your result using the NHS Self-Report Tool. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of your entry to the Grounds.
- Ticket-holders resident in an overseas country: At this stage, there is no process for residents of Northern Ireland and any other international country to evidence their vaccination status. Please take a Lateral Flow Test which can be self-administered at home or at your accommodation in England, and report your result via the NHS Self-Report Tool. You do not need to be a resident in England to upload your result using the NHS Self-Report Tool. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of your entry to the Grounds.
The NHS COVID Pass
It is quick and simple to demonstrate your COVID status using the NHS COVID Pass. Using the NHS COVID Pass will help streamline your entry to Wimbledon and get you into the event quickly.
The NHS COVID Pass is available if you are registered with a GP in England and if
- You have had a full 2 dose course of the COVID-19 vaccine
- You have had your second dose of the vaccine at least 2 weeks ago
- You were vaccinated in England
- You are aged 16 or over and/or have logged your negative Lateral Flow Test results
There are three simple ways to access it, but we advise that you do this BEFORE you attend the event.
- NHS App: By downloading the NHS App onto your smartphone, you can use the NHS COVID Pass to show your vaccination or Lateral Flow Test status to the guest service staff as you enter Wimbledon. Or you can download and show an offline version or print a copy of your status and show the printed version instead.
- NHS Website: Access your COVID Pass via the NHS website.
- NHS Pass Letter: If you don’t have access to a computer or smartphone, you can order a copy of the NHS COVID Pass letter if you have been vaccinated. Telephone 119, to request, please note that the letter can take up to 5 working days to reach you.
The COVID Pass Via The NHS App
Please keep in mind you will need to download and register for the NHS App, and check your status BEFORE travelling to Wimbledon.
If you live in England and are registered with a GP, you can demonstrate your COVID-19 status via the NHS COVID Pass within the NHS App.
The NHS App is free from the Google or Apple App store. Please note the ‘NHS App’ is different to the ‘NHS COVID-19’ App used to check into venues.
The NHS App works differently depending on if you are using it to demonstrate vaccination status or Lateral Flow Test results. You can download a PDF copy to your device in advance of the event or email yourself a copy. This PDF version, either on your device or printed, will be accepted for entry.
- If you are using your vaccination status to demonstrate your COVID-19 status, you can access your NHS COVID Pass whether or not you have verified your identity on the App. If you have not verified your identity, you will still be able to get your NHS COVID Pass (the screen that enables you to access Wimbledon) but will not be able to see a separate screen with your vaccination data (this screen is not needed to access Wimbledon). If you have registered and verified your identity you will be able to see both your NHS COVID Pass and your vaccination data.
- If you are using your negative Lateral Flow Test result to demonstrate your COVID-19 status, you can only access your NHS COVID Pass (the screen that enables you to access Wimbledon) if you have registered and verified your identity on the App. You should also log your Lateral Flow Test results using the NHS Self-Report Tool. It can take up to two hours for your results to appear within the App. If you are looking to use a negative Lateral Flow Test result to access your NHS COVID Pass, you will need to have verified your identity in the App in addition to having registered for the App. The verification process may take up to seven days, although on average this is completed in a much quicker time frame. Please ensure that you have checked the expiration date of your NHS COVID Pass before travelling to your event, as your Lateral Flow Test results are only valid for 48 hours.
Access The NHS COVID Pass Via The NHS Website
You can access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website. You can view your COVID-19 status online and download or print it as a PDF document. To access the service, you’ll need to register for an NHS login if you do not have one already. NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests.
Request An NHS COVID Pass Letter
You can request a letter if you have been fully vaccinated by the NHS in England (you should wait 2 weeks after your second dose) and are aged 16 or over. Please note that the NHS COVID Pass letter will only show your vaccination status and not the results of a Lateral Flow Test. The letter may take up to 5 working days to reach you, so ensure you order in good time before attending Wimbledon.
You can order an NHS COVID Pass letter in two ways:
- Request an NHS COVID Pass letter via the NHS website: You can ask for a letter by filling in a form online via requesting a COVID Pass letter via the NHS website.
- Request an NHS COVID Pass letter by calling 119:If you do not have access to a smartphone, computer or tablet you can call 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to you. Lines may be busy so please allow sufficient time to make your telephone call.